Edtech is evolving very quickly. Just a few short years ago distance learning was not easy to come by and many teachers had limited technology in the classroom. Today, technology in the classroom is becoming a more viable option and MOOCs can reach thousands of potential students.
These edtech predictions come from Media and Tech investment firm IBIS Capital and education technology company Edxus Group.You can check out the full report for the explanations behind each trend. While the study takes a lot of data from the European edtech market, many of the trends are relevant globally.
- Big focus on user engagement
- From MOOCS to “Selective Online Courses”, or SOOCS
- Widespread adoption of BYOD strategies
- The rise of data and analytics to drive adaptive learning programmes
- Mobile casual & informal learning apps
- Peer-to-peer learning platforms
- Increased use of video and immersive learning environments
- Emergence of learning record stores
- Increased focus on rewards, certification and accreditation
- Large media corporates actively investing in e-Learning
- Continued growth in online-enabled private tuition
- Growing adoption of technology as a delivery mechanism on government-funded vocational skills training market
What do you think the biggest edtech trends will be in 2014?